Tuesday 31 March 2009

All The Small Things

I haven't been in touch with Matt since I left his flat last Wednesday though he has been calling, texting and emailing. I miss him but I need to stay strong.

With that in mind, I thought I would try and get him off my mind this evening by watching "All The Small Things" as I noticed it was about a singing group and so thought it would be interesting,

For the first half hour though, I wondered if the writer had somehow been observing my sad little life. The group itself was very similar to the one I belong to with its myriad of different characters, even down to them doing Haydn's "The Creation" which we did only recently.

In addition, it seemed everything about Sarah Lancashire's character struck a chord with me. Her son was called Kyle (!!), she had been married for 20 years to a dismissive, blaming and bored husband and by the end, she was desperately unhappy and confused, and ready to leave the group - even though singing was such an important part of her life. God, she even had the same iron as I do !

I know, I know, I'm probably reading far too much into it all. I'm sure I could probably make a case for most other programmes on TV reflecting my life in some way.

Take "Mistresses" for example ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment